Solar Roller 1500: The Solar Roller 1500 is the result of a year’s collaboration between three graduating seniors. The contributors are: Nathan Churchwell (B.S.E.E. May 2011), Stephanie Crowell (B.S.E.E. and B.A. Mathematics in May 2011), and Supratim Srinivasan (B.S.E.E. and B.A. Physics in May 2011). The goal of this project is to develop a 1.58 kW Single-Axis Sun Tracking Photovoltaic System.
As any other project, Solar Roller 1500 has to fulfill certain requirements. The system must be:
* Able to track the sun throughout the day
* Portable so that it can transported to various locations
* Powered by solar irradiation
* Capable of supporting loads up to 1575 Watts
* Well-documented to ease future use by other students